This statement and policy refers to the practices in relation to the conference website (potatocongress.org) and the delivery of the 11th World Potato Congress (WPC2021), taking place at the Royal Dublin Society (RDS), Dublin, Ireland from the May 31st to June 3rd 2021.
Who we are:
World Potato Congress Inc.
World Potato Congress Inc. is a non-profit organization supported by a group of volunteer directors representing potato jurisdictions around the world.
Company Name: World Potato Congress Inc,
Registered Office: PO Box 40020, West Royalty PO, Charlottetown, PE Canada C1E 0J2
World Potato Congress Inc., will be referred to as “The Congress” in the following privacy statement and cookies policy.
This Statement and Policy:
The Congress gathers and stores your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement and in compliance with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)(EU) 2016/679 and all Irish statutory laws and regulations.
This statement is compiled to provide you with clear information with regards to your rights and how data is managed and stored by The Congress.
Please note that any links to other websites from the conference website (potatocongress.org) to third party sites are governed by their own privacy statements and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these privacy statements.
Data Processing pertaining to Your Data Privacy:
The congress process data pertaining to its activities in accordance with GDPR guidelines.
- The Congress will only use your data for the indicated purpose at the time of submission.
- Data is collected and processed lawfully in order to perform contractual, specific and legitimate purposes, including existing contractual obligations, or to start negotiations in entering a new contract.
- All personal data collected and processed is relevant and limited to the purpose for which it was processed.
- All personal data collected and processed will be limited to the necessity of the purpose and processed in a transparent manner.
- All personal data processed and collected will be managed with appropriate organizational measures to ensure safeguarding of your data, to ensure protection from data theft, unlawful processing or accidental damage or loss.
- Where indicated, your data will be used for legitimate business purposes; future marketing, product offers and or general communications as disclosed or in response to a correspondence.
- Please also refer to the cookies policy and website data policy information below.
- All personal data will be maintained for no longer than reasonably necessary and or legally required or deemed necessary. This does not affect your rights to have your data deleted by contacting The Congress.
Transfer of Data:
- Your data will never be disclosed, sold or shared with a third party without your explicit, informed consent, unless it is believed that The Congress is required to disclose data in order to comply with any applicable laws, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirements.
Data We Collect & Systems
Data collected may include but is not limited to:
- Company Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
The Congress collects this data through the following methods, but not limited to:
- Online forms (including but not limited to: Contact form, Become a Partner form)
- Website interaction – see cookies policy below
How We Use your Data:
The Congress, in delivery of its contractual obligations and operations will only use your data for the purpose as provided to their offices. Your data will not be disclosed to any third party where not required contractually through informed consent or required by law.
We will use your data through the below, but not limited to, activities:
- Anonymized data from conference website to compile statistics on website usage- see cookies policy below
- In response to a correspondence
Where necessary and appropriate under applicable laws, your data will be disclosed by The Congress:
i. in response to a public or governmental request
ii. to comply with a legal process
iii. enforcement of our acting conference’s terms and conditions
iv. to protect our privacy, rights, safety and property
v. to limit liability and damages and or seek legal remedies against World Potato Congress Inc.
The Congress believes your data privacy is key to the conference success. All reasonable steps have been taken to ensure your data is secure and protected from unauthorized, access, accidental or unlawful disclosure, loss, destruction or manipulation.
We apply a best practice policy when engaging our suppliers in alignment with current GDPR guidelines and disclosures.
Your Rights and How to Contact us:
You can contact The Congress to request a copy of your personal data, rectify any errors, restrict processing, request portability of your data and or information pertaining to the processing of your personal data.
At any stage you may request to have your personal data held by The Congress deleted, excluding data which we are required to keep for legal and legitimate business purposes.
You are under no obligation to provide The Congress with personal data but when disclosed, you have a duty to provide correct, accurate, truthful and lawful information. This data may be required to provide access to all or parts of the services we provide and as such without, may deem this request undeliverable.
The Congress will request your consent prior to using your personal data for purposes not set out in this policy and subject to relevant data protection laws.
Email: Congress Offices – firstname.lastname@example.org
WORLD POTATO CONGRESS INC.
P.O. Box 40020, West Royalty PO,
Canada C1E 0J2
potatocongress.org Website Cookies Policy:
This Policy relates to privacy practices in connection with the website potatocongress.org
The Congress are the data controllers and processors for the purposes of this statement.
Third Party Websites:
This website is hosted by World Potato Congress Inc (using Canadian hosted services). Technology is used to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to this website. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser or on the hard drive of your computer. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
The Secretariat and The Committee uses this information to find out which features of the websites are most popular so that they can be developed in the light of the analysis of your usage. WPC Congress 2021 (Both Secretariat and The Committee) use the information generated so as to ensure that users have a more personal experience when accessing the website, particularly when visiting it on repeat occasions. Whenever a visitor visits this website they will be alerted to the fact that cookies are in use and asked to consent to their continued use. This consent may be implied from the visitor continuing to use the website repeatedly.
Control of cookies
Information regarding how to control or delete cookies can be found here:
(please note these links direct to external websites)
Internet Explorer Click here to be directed to a Microsoft information page
Chrome Click here to be directed to a Google information page
Firefox Click here to be directed to a Mozilla information page
Safari Click here to be directed to a Apple information page
Opera Click here to be directed to a Opera Information page
Cookies in use on this website